Skip to Content - Skip to Navigation

Student Payroll Information: Summer 2012

Summer Employment

The first day of summer employment is May 19, 2012.

All students employed for the summer must complete and submit to Payroll Services a new Profile/Job Assignment Sheet. The Profile/Job Assignment Sheets are available on the Payroll Services website. Please do not submit prior versions of the Profile/Job Assignment Sheet, as these cannot be processed.

In order to be employed during the summer, student employees must be enrolled for Summer 2012 or Fall 2012. Incoming freshmen enrolled for the Fall 2012 semester must complete an Intent to Enroll statement.

Student employees completing a UE/Grant Student Employment Profile/Job Assignment Sheet must also complete a State Work Study Application.

Student employees completing a Federal Student Employment/Profile Job Assignment Sheet must have a Federal Work Study award, and verify with the Financial Aid Office the award has been posted to their student account, prior to submitting their Profile Job Assignment Sheet to Payroll Services. The profile sheet will not be accepted unless award is posted to student account.

Student employees being placed on payroll for the first time must present their Social Security card and a photo ID to the Payroll Services Office. They must also submit the following documents to the Payroll Services Office within three days of their first day of employment:

  • Profile Sheet
  • Form I-9
  • Form W-4
  • Residence Certification Form
  • Intent to Enroll Form
  • Local Service Tax Exemption Form
  • State Work Study Application (for those students completing UE/Grant Student Profile Assignment Sheets)
  • Direct Deposit form

International Student Employees

In addition to the documents listed above, international student employees are required by federal guidelines to provide the following documentation:

  • Passport
  • Visa
  • I-94 Departure Record
  • Ds-2019/IAP-66 Certificate of Eligibility For Exchange Visitor(J-1) Status or I-20
  • State of Citizenship Status and Taxation Form

Final exams end May 10, 2012. Undergraduate students are limited to 25 hours for the week ending May 11, 2012 (20 hours if international students). Graduating students are not permitted to work beyond May 11, 2012.

All forms are available at the Payroll Services website.

Important Dates

  • May 11, 2012 — Last day graduating students may work
  • May 18, 2012 — Spring payroll ends, and last pay date for graduate assistants
  • May 19, 2012 — Summer payroll begins. Undergraduate students may begin working 40 hours/week. Undergraduate students enrolled in classes are limited to 25 hours/week. Graduate students may work 40 hours/week regardless of class enrollment.
  • June 15, 2012 — Last pay date for teaching associates
  • August 24, 2012 — Summer payroll ends
  • Payroll Services Office
  • Sutton Hall, Room G11
    1011 South Drive
    Indiana, PA 15705
  • Phone: 724-357-2510
  • Fax: 724-357-7551
  • Office Hours
  • Monday through Friday
  • 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.