For the inaugural season of Ovations!, IUP’s premier series featuring touring performing artists, the Lively Arts at IUP is reporting a record number of programmatic partners. Forty-seven groups, organizations, and institutions are providing a variety of support for the season, including funding, educational planning, translation services, hospitality, and more.
Campus partners include seventeen different offices, organizations, and departments, several of which provided funding support, such as the Student Cooperative Association, African American Cultural Center, Office of International Education, Department of Religious Studies, and others. Funding from the campus partners totals $155,568.
The Lively Arts also has seen a significant increase in grant-supported performing groups and projects and received support from several external funders, including the National Endowment for the Arts, Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, Pennsylvania Performing Arts on Tour, and others.
Part of the external grant support received was through two separate presenting consortium grants. For these projects, the Lively Arts worked with other universities and organizations in the region to secure funding from the Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation.
The amount of external grant funding received for the current season totals $97,597.
Business partners for the season include Robindale Energies, Inc.; Verizon; Wilmoth Interests, Inc.; S&T Bank; Indiana Gazette; Renda Broadcasting; Delaney Automotive; the Co-op Store; and Sheetz. This support, including various in-kind services, is estimated at over $55,000.
In addition to the partners, over 140 individuals and businesses have contributed through program advertising or donations made through the Lively Arts’ Premiere Club.
With the support from these partners in addition to the ticket sales projections for performances being on target, the Lively Arts is expected to finish the season with a modest positive balance.
A full list of partners follows, with an asterisk (*) indicating that funding was provided.
- African American Cultural Center*
- Asian Studies Club
- Asian Studies Committee
- Center for Student Life
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Committee for the Study of Culture and Religion*
- Department of Religious Studies*
- Division of Student Affairs
- Eberly College of Business and Information Technology*
- India Student Organization
- IUP Libraries*
- Japanese Student Organization
- Liberal Studies Program*
- Office of International Education*
- Robert E. Cook Honors College
- Six O’Clock Series
- Student Cooperative Association*
Local, State, and Regional
- Dance Affiliates, Philadelphia*
- Indiana County Chamber of Commerce
- Indiana County Tourist Bureau
- Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation*
- National Council on the Arts*
- Pennsylvania Council on the Arts*
- Pennsylvania Rural Arts Alliance*
- Pennsylvania Performing Arts on Tour*
- Armstrong-Indiana Intermediate Unit
- Associated Artists of Butler County
- IUP College of Education and Education Technology
- Indiana Area School District
- Indiana Arts Council
Presenting Consortium (joint grants)
- Beckley Concert Association (Beckley, WV)
- Edinboro University
- Lafayette College (Easton, PA)
- Lehman College (CUNY)
- Mercyhurst College (Erie, PA)
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- Pennsylvania Presenters
- Shippensburg University
- Tug Valley Arts Council (Athens, WV)
Corporate and Business Partners
- Robindale Energy Services, Inc.*
- S&T Bank
- Wilmoth Interests, Inc.*
- Indiana Gazette*
- Renda Broadcasting*
- Delaney Automotive*
- The Co-op Store*