Following is a list of accomplishments for Human Development and Environmental Studies Department faculty members in Fashing Merchandising:
Dr. Janet Blood
- Dr. Blood, the VP of Education of the Association of Sewing and Design Professionals (ASDP), was at the ASDP conference in October 2011.
- Elected to a two-year term as vice president of Education for the National Board of Sewing and Design Professionals.
- Won the top prize, Best Overall, in the 2010 Association of Sewing and Design Professionals “Suit Your Style” design challenge sponsored by Threads Magazine. The challenge involved transforming a commercial sewing pattern (Vogue 2898) only through pattern making techniques. Her winning denim ensemble will be featured in Issue #154 of Threads.
Dr. Eun Jin Hwang
- Hwang, E. (2011). PowerPoints for S. Marshall. Individuality in clothing selection and personal appearance. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Hwang, E. (in press). Chapter four case study: Finding new vendor with discount terms. In C. Easterling, Merchandising Mathematics for Retailing (rev.). Upper Saddle River, NJ:Prentice Hall.
- Hwang, E., & Marjorie, N. (2011, October). US apparel retailers’ use of facebook in strategic management under environmental uncertainty. In C. Despres (Ed.), Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Management Leadership and Governance (p. 68). Sophia-Antipolis, France: SKEMA Business School.
- Dr. Hwang and Dr. Bowers presented a paper entitled "The influence of IUP students' involvement in social networks to teaching and learning" at the 2011 Pennsylvania Association of the Councils of Trustees (PACT) Fall Conference, Indiana PA, October 20, 2011.
- Presented a paper at the AMS (Academy of Marketing Science) Cultural Perspectives in Marketing Conference in July 2010 in Lille, France, titled “Perceived Environmental Uncertainty, Market-Orientation Strategy, and Organizational Structure in South Korean Apparel Retail Stores.”
- Was the co-author of “Market Orientation, Performance, and Perceived Environmental Uncertainty in South Korean Apparel Retail Stores” published in Transnational Corporations Review.
- Led a study tour to Seoul, South Korea, for six students and three faculty members in May 2010.
Dr. Jin Su
- Dr. Su presented two posters entitled "An update on young Chinese consumer styles: A survey of China’s Post-80s generation" and "Women entrepreneurs in China’s apparel industry: A study of women’s career development" at the 2011 Annual Meeting of the International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA), Philadelphia, PA, November 2-6, 2011.
- Dr. Su presented a paper entitled "Preparing students as socially responsible global citizens through Fashion Merchandising courses" at the 2011 Pennsylvania Association of the Councils of Trustees (PACT) Fall Conference, Indiana, PA, October 20, 2011.
- Dr. Su presented a paper entitled "An empirical examination of global supply chain management practices in the U.S. textile and apparel industry" at the 2011 International Conference on Logistics, Informatics, and Service Science (LISS), Beijing, China, in June 2011. The paper was also published in the conference proceedings.
- Su, J., & Gargeya, V. B. (2011). Strategic sourcing and supplier selection: A review of survey-based empirical research. In T. M. Choi (Ed.), Fashion Supply Chain Management: Industry and Business Analysis. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Led a faculty study tour in May 2010 to Beijing and Shanghai, China, which included Donghua University, Shanghai, and Dong Fang and Ai Ying Early Childhood Education Center, Beijing, China.