Liberal Studies Committee Minutes3:30 p.m.Stabley 101
Present: M. Hildebrandt, D. Pistole, F. Slack, M. Taddie, T. Wacker, C. ZoniExcused: Y. Asamoah, K. McKee, G. Wilson
1. Approve minutes of 25 February 2010 meeting – Wacker/Zoni motion: unanimous.
2. Hildebrandt/Wacker motion to approve the course number changes (as listed) in the following Geoscience courses:
GEOS 150 Geology of National Parks (was GEOS 250) GEOS 151 The Age of Dinosaurs (was GEOS 251)
GEOS 152 Physical Resources of Earth (was GEOS 252)
GEOS 153 Forensic Geology (was GEOS 253)
GEOS 154 Human Exploration of Space (was GEOS 254)
3. Zoni/Hildebrandt motion to give a one time (intersession Summer 2010) approval of ENGL 281 Tupac Shakur, Hero with an African Face as a liberal studies course and a Type III writing intensive course. Passed 6/0/0.
4. Pistole gave an update of the latest UWUCC meeting. All parts of the criteria except the Introductory Language and Capstone have been passed by the UWUCC.
5. The committee discussed implementation plans and issues. Each college representative will be looking for information from their colleges about what we as a committee can do to help them implement the new curriculum. F. Slack is looking into a syllabus building tool that other universities use to create syllabi.
Motion to adjourn: Wacker/Zoni - Passed Unanimous.
The meeting adjourned at 4:15 pm.
Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline
© 2007–16 Indiana University of Pennsylvania
1011 South Drive, Indiana, Pa. 15705 | 724-357-2100