Liberal Studies Committee Minutes3:30 p.m.Stabley 101
Present: Y. Asamoah, M. Hildebrandt, K. McKee, D. Pistole, F. Slack, T. Wacker, G. Wilson, C. ZoniExcused: M. Taddie
1. Approve minutes of 18 February 2010 meeting – McKee/Zoni motion: unanimous.
2. Wilson/Asamoah motion to approve the revised criteria for Oral and Technical Communication based on comments from the senate meeting. Passed, 8/0/0.
3. Wilson/Zoni motion to approve the revision to delete the statement of “50% of the grade must be based on …” in the required course content in all of the courses (where found) in the across the curriculum category. Passed 8/0/0.
4. The First Year Seminar was revisited and a Wilson/Wacker motion was made to approve the revised FYS. Passed 8/0/0.
5. FYS – the committee continued to discuss the issues of the prefix – LBST or departmental for FYS.
Motion to adjourn: Wilson/Asamoah - Passed Unanimous.
The meeting adjourned at 5:00 pm.
Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline
© 2007–16 Indiana University of Pennsylvania
1011 South Drive, Indiana, Pa. 15705 | 724-357-2100