The virtual private network (VPN) uses the Internet to provide remote offices or individual users with secure access to the university’s network.
The VPN must be used to:
VPN Setup for Mac OSX
1. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
2. Choose Network.
3. Click the Add button (+).
4. Enter the following in the interface dialog box:
5 .Click Create.
6. Click on the drop down menu for Configuration and select Add Configuration.
7. For the name, enter VPN (PPTP) Server and click Create.
8. Enter the following to configure the VPN connection:
9. Click Authentication Settings and enter your network password.
10. Click OK , then click Apply.
11. Click Connect and your Mac should now be connected to the IUP VPN.
VPN Setup for Windows 10
VPN Setup for Windows 8.1
Before you can create this connection, you MUST first connect to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Select the Allow these protocols button.
VPN Setup for Windows 7
Type the Internet address to connect to and Destination name.
Click Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later.
VPN Settings for Library Database
If you are experiencing problems reaching a library database using the VPN from an off-site location, you may need to change the default gateway settings on your VPN. See Setting up the Default Gateway Option on the IUP Libraries website. (This link navigates away from IT Support Center)
If you will use the same library database frequently, you can set up a second VPN connection (name it “Library VPN”) with the appropriate settings, rather than changing the setting each time you need to use it.
Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline
© 2007–16 Indiana University of Pennsylvania
1011 South Drive, Indiana, Pa. 15705 | 724-357-2100