A full featured restricted mailing list has these features:
- The list owner moderates subscriptions.
- Only subscribers can send/receive messages, and view the message archives.
- Many list features can be customized.
- Archiving is available.
If this is the type of list you wish to request, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and go to the Full Featured List Request Form. This form is restricted to IUP Employees.
- If not already logged into www.iup.edu, you will be prompted for username and password, where you will have to enter your IUP network username and password.
- In the Full Featured Mailing List Request Form, you will be prompted for the information regarding the list, starting with List Name. List Name must follow these rules:
- Must contain at least one dash (or hyphen)
- Must be a minimum of three but no more than 40 characters long
- Must begin with a letter
- Must end with a letter or number
- Must consist of only letters, numbers, dashes
- Owner's IUP E-mail Address - An IUP employee must be identified as the owner of the list. Enter the owner's e-mail address.
- Requester's Username - This will be automatically filled in with the username you are logged in as
- College or Division - Enter the name of the college or division of the list's owner.
- Description of list - Describe the purpose of the list.
List Template - Choose Restricted.
Create Archive? - An archive is a centralized location where all messages sent to the list are stored for viewing. Choose Yes if you'd like to create an archive of the messages for the list.
If the required fields were submitted correctly, a confirmation will display in the web browser indicating that your request has been submitted and will be processed within two business days. When the list has been created, the list owner will receive an e-mail message with the initial password and related information needed to manage the list (including how to change the password). It is strongly recommended that this message be saved.