After your new IUP Live Mail account has been created, you have the option to connect your IUP e-mail account (if it is still active). Once this is has been completed, all e-mails and folders from your IUP e-mail account will be copied to your live.iup.edu account. Any new e-mail message sent to your IUP account will start to appear in your new IUP Live Mail. These messages will continue to appear in both accounts until your 60-day extension has expired and your IUP e-mail account is disabled. Once your IUP e-mail account is disabled, e-mail messages sent to @iup.edu will no longer be delivered.
To import all of the messages that you received in your IUP e-mail account:
- Log in to your new IUP Live Mail account at http://mail.office365.com/.
- In the top right-hand corner, select the Settings icon. It appears as a gear or sprocket.
- Select Options.
- On the options page, click on Connected accounts.
- Under Connected Accounts, click on the + sign. This will allow you to add a new account.
- Enter your full e-mail account name (ex: email@example.com).
- Enter your current e-mail password.
- Select Next (this is in the lower right corner).
- A message will appear for "Searching for account information"
- Wait until you see the New Account Connection Confirmation screen that says that your accounts are connected.
- Select Finish (this is in the lower right corner)
After clicking Finish, you will be returned to the "connect accounts" page. Under "Account Name," your IUP e-mail account will appear and the status should read "downloading." When the messages are copied over, the status will read "OK."
Please note that this will import (copy) all of your existing messages and folders from your IUP imail account. Due to the default folder names in IUP Live Mail, you may have to combine folders that have duplicate names.