IUP artmark

Reporting USA Address for Immigration Purposes

  • Students and scholars on F1 or J1 visas are required to report their USA address to the Department of Homeland Security through your designated school official/responsible officer (Office of International Education staff). U.S. immigration regulations require all J1/F1 students to report a USA address for SEVIS purposes (no PO boxes) within 10 days of reporting to school and within 10 days of moving. 

    Please log in to your MyIUP account to update this information as soon as possible to ensure your SEVIS (Immigration) record is updated.

    How to List Your USA Address in MyIUP*

    • Local Address: Used for SEVIS purposes only, and requires your physical street address (no PO boxes or Crimson Hawks addresses). Students living on campus do not have to complete this address type in MyIUP as it is automatically transferred to the OIE database
      Off-campus example: 20 Regency Square, Indiana, PA 15701
    • Mailing Address: Used by any IUP offices that need to mail you information about your program or student services. Use same as your local address, PO box, or Crimson Hawks address. Do not use a foreign mailing address. If you do not know what your Crimson Hawks address, is go to the Post Office website.Off-campus example: 20 Regency Square, Indiana, PA 15701  
      On-campus example: 2328 Crimson Hawks, Indiana PA 15705-2328

    Foreign Permanent Address

    In MyIUP, your permanent address must always remain a foreign address. If your foreign address changes, please e-mail intl-education@iup.edu as we need to update your SEVIS record manually.

    Directions to Update Your USA Addresses 

    1. Go to the MyIUP page.
    2. Log into the Secure Area.
    3. Select  "Personal Information" from the available choices.
    4. Click "Update" under "Personal Information."
    5. Click on drop-down menu "Type of Address to Insert" — choose "LOCAL."
    6. Enter your current USA street address, city, state, and Zip code and hit "SUBMIT."
    7. Repeat process for "MAILING" address to make sure you receive mailings from all IUP offices.
    8. If you need to update your permanent address (keep as foreign address) — update and save in MYIUP and please e-mail intl-education@iup.edu with any changes as well.

    *Privacy Notice

    If you do not want your addresses to show in the IUP Directory, please complete the NonDisclosure form and submit it to the IUP Registrar’s Office.