Skip to Content - Skip to Navigation

International Student Forms

Forms for Current International Students

International Student and Scholar Request Form
Conversation Partners Application Document icon
Conversation Club pairs up international students with native speakers to learn and exchange language and culture.
Global Ambassador Application Document icon
Global Ambassador Program Spring 2014 Application Mission: Global Ambassadors will assist new international students in adjusting to life at IUP during their first semester or year through one-on-one mentoring and group activities that facilitate cross-cultural learning and academic success. Description and Eligibility
Curricular Practical Training Application Document icon
 Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain actual employment experience that is “an integral part of the established curriculum."
International Friendship Program Student Application Document icon
Application to join the International Friendship Program. It is a program sponsored by the Office of International Education at IUP that seeks to promote international understanding by bringing together Indiana area families or individuals and international students who attend IUP.
J-1 Academic Training Application Document icon
Academic training is work, training, or experience related to a student’s field of study and offered through the Office of International Education International Student advisor. You must have permission and documentation before starting a paid position. (PDF, 56 KB)
Optional Practical Training Application Document icon
Last Modified 8/6/2014 Step 1: Watch OPT video or attend OPT workshop  Go to Scroll to the OPT section and review the powerpoint. This presentation provides an overview of OPT and walks through the necessary steps and general requirements to obtain OPT documentation. Step 2: Gat
Partial Tuition Waiver Appeal
Partial Tuition Waiver Hour Confirmation Sheet Document icon
People who ARE doing PTW need to complete this form to confirm their hours.
Program Extension Form Document icon
When you need to continue in an educational program beyond the originally estimated completion date, you must apply for an extension no later than thirty days before the expiration date on your I‐20 or DS‐2019.
Reduced Courseload Authorization
Reporting OPT Employment For SEVIS Document icon
Students on OPT have to report changes in US address and Employer address and name to OIE to update their SEVIS record.
Social Security Work Authorization Form Document icon
All new incoming international students can be issued a Social Security number only when they have been hired for a job. Bring this form to your employment supervisor for a signature and then to the Office of International Education for a signature before visiting the Social Security office. (PDF, 93 KB)
Verification of Status for Master's and Doctoral Students Document icon
If you are not registered for dissertation credits but are completing an M.A. thesis or preparing for comprehensive exams, please complete this form. (PDF, 42 KB)

Forms for Prospective International Students

Undergratuate and ALIP Affidavit of Financial Support Document icon
Undergraduate/ALIP International Student Affidavit of Financial Support Students must show funding for their first year of study at minimum prior to immigration documents being issued by a school. IUP also needs to have adequate information regarding an international student’s financial resources. The purpose of this A
International Transfer Student Form Document icon
Students studying in the U.S. or on Optional Practical Training must have the foreign student advisor complete and return form to IUP. I-20s will be issued after receiving form and SEVIS transfer date.
  • Office Hours
  • Monday through Friday
  • 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
  • 1:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.