Leading a Program Abroad

  • Steps to leading a group abroad

    1. Attend workshop 101;
    2. Attend workshop 201;
    3. Meet with Asst. Director of Education Abroad, in the OIE;
    4. Discuss with your chairperson, dean regarding proposal;
    5. Submit proposal.

    Faculty-led Education Abroad Workshop 101

    2016 Dates: February 1, 2:00 p.m.; March 1, 2:00 p.m.; April 6, 12:00 p.m.; and May 9, 10:00 a.m.
    In this brief 30-minute workshop we will address the following objectives:

    • Defining what and how education abroad experiences work at IUP.
    • Identifying components to building a program.
    • Comparing program types, durations and locations.
    • Evaluating if this project is right for you.
    • Formulating a tentative plan and timeline for proposal submission.

    Faculty-led Education Abroad Workshop 201

    2016 Dates: March 1, 3:00 p.m.; April 6, 1:00 p.m.; and May 9, 11:00 a.m.
    Faculty who have knowledge of the objectives from Workshop 101 are encouraged to participate in 201.
    After this brief 30-minute workshop, applicants will be able to:

    • Identify which types of marketing will be most appropriate for their program.
    • Classify which program parameters will be most appropriate for their program.
    • Examine and generalize the application process.
    • Design, Construct a brochure page on StudioAbroad.
    • Summarize the entire education abroad process (financial, marketing, academics, university policies, roles, etc.)

      *It is the responsibility of the faculty leader to ensure that each student who goes abroad completes the necessary paperwork.