Gender Neutral Housing Policy

  • Gender-Neutral Housing (sometimes referred to as coed by suite) allows for the assignment of residents to on-campus housing spaces regardless of the sex of the student.

    • Who is Eligible for Gender Neutral Housing?

      • Any continuing student (sophomore or above) resident who is able to fill an entire suite.
      • Any incoming student who identifies a need to reside in gender neutral housing based primarily on where they identify on the gender spectrum.
    • How to Take Part in Gender-Neutral Housing

      • Continuing students will need to self-identify their group as gender-neutral by contacting the assistant director for Occupancy in the Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining (OHRLD) at least one week prior to the continuing student housing signup process.
      • Incoming first-year students are asked to call OHRLD in order to request a gender-neutral housing assignment. The request will be reviewed by the executive director of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining and/or the Director of Residence Life in order to determine its merit.
      • When feasible, the assignment will be granted through the assistant director for Occupancy.
      • If, at any point, a Gender-Neutral Housing Suite drops below capacity, the Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining reserves the right to dissolve the room structure and return the unit to single gender housing.
    • Gender Neutral Housing is only available in the following suite types

      • Two-person private semi-suite
      • Four-person private suite
      • Two-person private suite with private bath

    In order to request Gender Neutral Housing, please complete the Gender Neutral Housing Request Form and return it to the Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining.