The provost will collect all completed application materials at the end of the Fall semester. An exact deadline is not yet announced.
The Ali-Zaidi Award is funded through the generous donations of Dr. Syed R. Ali-Zaidi in honor of his father. Each of the fourteen PASSHE universities submits one nominee to the PASSHE chancellor, who then determines the single PASSHE Ali-Zaidi Scholar. Award recipients receive a medallion and $1,000 award.
Undergraduate student at one of the fourteen PASSHE universities.
Nomination Packet should consist of the following:
- A nomination letter from the IUP president
- An essay written by the nominee addressing how IUP prepared him/her for the next career step and what that next step will be. (The essay should not exceed two double-spaced pages using 12-point type.)
- The nominee's most recent official transcript
- The nominee's vita or resume
- Two letters of recommendation from university faculty
Criteria for the Award - Each nominee will be evaluated based on the following:
- Outstanding academic performance in the academic major and in other areas of study
- Recognition of scholarship by members of the university faculty
- Participation in extra/cocurricular activities during undergraduate years
- Quality of the nominee's essay