Biological, Chemical, or Radiation Incident
· If you suspect you have observed or come into contact with a questionable substance – call University police at 7-2141 or 724-357-2141 from a non-university phone.
· Northpointe and Punxsutawney regional campuses and the Monroeville Center: Call 911.
· Avoid exposure to material in question.
· Do not walk into or touch spilled material.
· Avoid inhalation by holding breath as long as possible.
· OUTDOORS – Move upwind as far as possible.
· INDOORS – Close door and evacuate building.
· If contact occurs, wipe skin immediately, remove contaminated clothing, and flush with water if possible for 20 minutes.
· Await emergency personnel and be sure they are aware of your contact with the material.
· Inform emergency personnel of EXACT location of the material.
What You Can Do
· Be vigilant.
· If you suspect or see suspicious activity, contact University Police at 7-2141.
· Make a kit of emergency supplies and have it ready in the event of an emergency.
· Make a plan of what you will do in an emergency situation.
· Be informed about what might happen. Stay aware of the current Homeland Security Advisory System condition.
Low Condition – Green
Guarded Condition – Blue
Elevated Condition – Yellow
High Condition – Orange
Severe Condition – Red
· Get involved. Find out more about terrorism, Homeland Security, and what you can do by visiting these websites:
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/index.jsp http://www.ready.gov/ http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?theme=29&content=320 http://www.homelandsecurity.state.pa.us/ http://ema.indianacounty.org/ http://www.pa-region13.org/
Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline
© 2007–15 Indiana University of Pennsylvania
1011 South Drive, Indiana, Pa. 15705 | 724-357-2100