In 1871, the Pennsylvania General Assembly allocated funds for the establishment of a Normal School in Indiana, Pennsylvania. Funding was raised locally for the construction of the first building on campus, later known as John Sutton Hall. The first meeting minutes of the Indiana Normal School Board of Trustees date from 1871 and 1872. Indiana Normal School began its first session in John Sutton Hall on May 17, 1875. The following documents date from 1872 to 1892, and relate to the early history of Indiana Normal School. These materials were scanned and transcribed by Amanda K. Ashour.
Search the finding aid for the Record Group 3 Board of Trustees Material.
Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline
© 2007–15 Indiana University of Pennsylvania
1011 South Drive, Indiana, Pa. 15705 | 724-357-2100