IUP artmark


  • Following are answers to commonly asked questions about advisement. For more information, please contact your advisor, the Undergraduate Catalog, and the MyIUP website.

    What is MyIUP?

    MyIUP is used by students to register for classes, view financial aid information, track degree progress, see events, and manage their personal data.

    What is my alternate pin number?

    When registering for fall or spring courses (not summer courses), you will be asked for your Alternate PIN number. Your Alternate PIN for the semester is the four-digit number provided to you by your advisor. You will be required to enter your Alternate PIN each time you enter the system to make registration changes, so remember this Alternate PIN throughout the semester!

    Where do I go to change my major?

    Please refer to the Undergraduate Catalog, page 26, for instructions on how to change your major.

    Where do I find my academic advisor?

    Students can log into MyIUP and select “Academics” tab, then “Advising,” and then “Advising Contact Information.”

    If I am undecided about my major, do I have an advisor?

    All students are assigned a faculty advisor. Advisors for undecided majors are selected from faculty members within your assigned college. For undecided majors, the associate dean of the students college will oversee advisor assignment.

    Where can I go to get advisement about majors that I am considering?

    The Major and Career Exploration Center provides IUP students, as well as the surrounding community, with resources to help them choose a major and potential career. Located in 214 Pratt Hall.

    Are there assessments that I can take to assist me in deciding on a major?

    Focus Online Career Assessment, Strong Interest Inventory, Myers Briggs Type Indicator, and printed materials are available at the Major and Career Exploration Center in 214 Pratt Hall. Decisions are not made in one session. It is important that students take the assessments and have a follow-up discussion with peer advisors or the assistant director of the Advising and Testing Center.

    What are the classes required for my major?

    All students must fulfill the requirements of the university’s Liberal Studies program in order to graduate. Please refer to your specific Program of Study for classes that are required for your major.

    How do I view my grades and GPA?

    View your individual account on MyIUP.

    How many credits do I need to graduate?

    The minimum total credit requirement for a baccalaureate degree at IUP is 120. Students who enroll in degree programs that require more than 120, or who seek the added benefit of a double major, minor, or specialized program, or who change majors, should plan their sequence of courses carefully with an advisor. (Information was gathered from the Undergraduate Catalog.)