Skip to main content
IUP artmark

IUP–Westmoreland County Community College Articulations

  • WCCC logoWelcome, Westmoreland County Community College students! Here’s everything you need to transfer to IUP. 

    IUP is ready to help you pursue your academic and professional aspirations in a way that suits your current needs. 

    Use our Liberal Studies Equivalency Guide to help you to determine which courses to take at WCCC for maximum transferability of general studies courses.

    Use our Online Transfer Credit Equivalency System to assist you in determining how other courses not listed on the equivalency guide will transfer.

    Both of these tools are best used in conjunction with our undergraduate catalog which indicates specific courses that must be taken in order to complete your degree at IUP.

    The following program to program agreement allows students to transfer into the parallel bachelor degree program with full junior standing. The following program is covered by a state articulation agreement (TAOC):

    WCCC+IUP Articulation Agreement
    Community College Degree
    Parallel IUP Degree
    PK-4 Education
    Early Childhood Education (Associate in Applied Science) Early Childhood Education/Special Education (BSED)

    The following programs have special articulation agreements.

    • Business (all majors except for Business Education)
    • AA—Criminal Justice into Criminology
    • AAS—Criminal Justice in Criminology
    • Hospitality Management
    • Psychology
    • Safety Sciences

    Please contact the IUP Transfer Services Office at or the transfer coordinator at Westmoreland County Community College to learn more.

    Reverse Transfer

    IUP has partnered with WCCC to help our students obtain a degree/credential from the community college. The Reverse Transfer initiative identifies students who may be eligible based on credit earned at both WCCC and IUP. Once you’ve received an e-mail from our Transfer Services office indicating you are eligible, you may complete the form to request transcripts.